Sprint Tab Wireframes

Review designs for the Sprint tab on the project page.

These are the designs for the first iteration of the Sprint tab. The idea is to create a "version 1", very simple for development and testing. Another goal is to encapsulate the features so they can easily be turned on/off.

Matt Easterday — General

Really nice work Andy! I think it provides a lot of power and flexibility and is still really simple. I think the fact that you limited to one specific purpose for each view will make it really clear what to do

Matt Easterday — General

It might be nice to have a "view all" button that shows you the whole sprint (doesn't have to allow any input). That might be more for the teacher though so maybe we wait to see if people will even use this

Matt Easterday — General

retro - not for this version, but would be nice to have an "add task to workbench" feature like what you have for the crits page

Retro -- cool

Matt Easterday — General

Demo -- probably don't need the past demos

Matt Easterday — General

Stand: would be nice if you could edit your stand (I always change mine after someone else says something)

Matt Easterday — General

Stand -- would be nice if all the stands submitted on the same day are grouped together (even with just a header)

Matt Easterday — General

Like the sprint-target tab. Could we maybe replace "Date: Feb 7 -- Feb 21" with "Sprint Target: Feb 7 -- Feb 21" I think that might make it clearly that the whole thing is the sprint target, not just the description

Matt Easterday — General

workbench: i was going to request that we could identify whether something is a story / bug / chore, but i realized that doesn't really matter, identifying whether it can be added to sprint or not is probably enough

There might be a problem with the sprint options though. For example, you will want to have stuff that you can add to the sprint that doesn't have points (e.g., chores).

I think it might make sense to have a global "turn on/off 'add to sprint'" button for the whole workbench because you either want to do sprint planning or not -- this could maybe be the same thing as whatever option turns on the sprint tab.

Then you can have the option to add points (for user stories) or not add points (for everything else). You could even get rid of the "sprint options" checkbox on the story and just have the point option default to "no points" (to indicate a task).

Matt Easterday — General

workbench: would like to (eventually) have at least 1 level of subtasks -- it's ok if the subtasks are tasks only and not user stories

Matt Easterday — General

Workbench: For user stories, they will have a state (e.g. started/finished/tested, etc.) rather than a checkmark

#Like the workbench

Matt Easterday — General

Hey Andy -- in general this is #awesome. I think we should get a basic version up sooner rather than an elaborate version up later, so for all of my comments assume that "if this is hard let's put it in the next version"

If we get something like this up that let's Dan do his research and me teach my class then that's good enough!

Andy Rench - Got it. The next design iteration will only address the must-haves.

Andy Rench — General