Data Analysis

Daniel Rees Lewis — General

Add norm seeking box -- the mentor / facilitator sets up the norms of the environment.

Natalia Smirnov — General

Claire: asking "silly" questions to encourage the norm of prompting for problems and having people feel comfortable asking questions

Daniel Rees Lewis — General

Prompt felt that is was problematizing things that learners couldn't do.

Natalia Smirnov — General

To what extent is disclosure an attempt by the team to diagnose their own problem?

Emily Harburg — General

virtual help-seeking behavior
look at howard -- help-giving
opportunistic planning view
Make clear where multiple starting points are in a diagram
cognitive model of planning '
mentoring model -- how does disclosure effect things
one-time help
good if you have to differentiate
developing a sense of hierarchy

Natalia Smirnov — General

"Prompt" is also confusing; sometimes mentors "just notice" or PERSPECTIVE TAKE by remembering what it was like in that situation and what you could have used help with

Natalia Smirnov — General

Mentors temporarily "join the team" !

Daniel Rees Lewis — General

What about sitting down and helping someone - Claire's pizza example.

Natalia Smirnov — General

There's a lot of "doing something together" / "walking through the process" in the examples we came up with - helping is often modeling. But mentors in yr context don't seem to be as close to the problem or person

Julie Hui — General

I wouldn't have considered myself a mentor if I diagnosed a problem and recommended someone else to give the help. I would see that other person as a mentor, but not me. This thinking framed how I came up with my examples in the beginning

Natalia Smirnov — General

diagnosing and deciding to help is iterative

Natalia Smirnov - also iterative with helping itself

Julie Hui — General

The "mentor reviews disclosure" and "mentor evaluates response from help" seem kind of similar to me. I know the second one is after you the mentor help them, but I feel like the steps are conceptually similar, as in if the mentorship process is iterative, the "mentor reviews disclosure" may happen after they have received some help from some other mentor

Julie Hui — General

The word "disclosure" confused me for a bit

Daniel Rees Lewis — General

HQ: a cognitive model of planning.

Daniel Rees Lewis - Liz sent it to us.

Matt Easterday — General

whether this is at scale (since it is a small group process) -- need to explain how this allows scaling and be very explicit that this is a different approach to scale (e.g., orchestration). Weston & Bain 2012 might help with this.

Julie Hui - Yes, this all makes sense in a small group, but what about this process would be different when it is at school with hundreds of people? I think if you are going to submit it L@S, you have to have a specific answer or thoughts about this question

Julie Hui - I meant "scale" not "school"

example: Sep 25 2018, next week, 10/2/2018