Point of View Poster Crit

Forest Polchow — General

Confused as to how this service differs from apps like Yelp? Could the service potentially include deals/events going on? Maybe include places that have a Wildcard discount? Cool idea: what if the service allowed students at different universities to easily see restaurants that have their respective school's student discount and what the discount entailed? Could maybe have a built in loyalty system with restaurants that would have the added incentive of providing data on how many people are at a restaurant at any given time? Lots of potential avenues to success. #victory

Mia Frasca — General

How does the POV address the issue of group dynamic? That was a cool insight but kind of got ignored in your POV and HMWs

Shoshana Shapiro — General

You guys seem like you are doing a great job! I love the idea of really getting students to different parts of Evanston because they are so many and there are so many different food hotspots here too! #greatwork #youcandoit

Tiffany Tran — Layout

your chosen picture looks like me and my friends trying to pick a place to eat on grubhub. #selfportrait though as said before, prob not the most relevant. #tryagain

Liz Gerber — Content

I love that you are talking with Anthony Kirchmeier to look for a project sponsor. #nice

Ryan Ayres — Layout

Could you redistribute the text between the 2 pages? The 1st page looks busier than the 2nd #lookout

Andre Mohring — Point of View (POV)

I particularly like your 3rd how might we statement. That seems like the area that has the most opportunity for designing into the white space. #works

Thomas Sanford — General

great insight about the familiarity of your group relating to the type of restaurant people choose! #good #greatwork

Liz Gerber — Content

I appreciated that you did time tests of how long it would take different amounts of time to decide on which restaurants to go. #yay

Carolyn Mazanec — General

if your user is the student, does HMW #3 really benefit them? maybe think about who you're helping and why for that one

Bryan Berger — General

So many insights. #narrow them down!

Liz Gerber — Content

I appreciated you tried a new technique of interviewing friends on line. It's fine that they didn't get back to you, however I encourage you to reflect on why the method didn't work. #lookout

Catherine Chung — Layout

I would use 2 different fonts max on a poster. Also, the Insights and a. b. system under the Methods are a good idea but the layout takes away from how much you learned. Maybe take out the 'Insights:' and different colors for the texts under the Methods? #tryagain

Alex Lower — Content

Nice field study! Good insight about questions that people asked you

Liz Gerber — Layout

I appreciate the use of an image and would LOVE if you used one of actual students. You could even frame the photo of your friends. It adds legitimacy to your work. #lookout

Alex Sher — Content

How do your insights from your different research methods relate to one another? Was there one insight that you got from all four?

Jenny Wang — General

love the research methods of pretending you are not a NU student and ask ppl on campus methods. #greatwork

Carolyn Mazanec — General

I love your research tactic of going up to people on the street - that sounded like it was fun for you and also very fruitful! #nice

Ho-Jun Choi — Content

Very interesting research method - interviewing people pretending that you are not familiar with Evanston #good

Liz Gerber — Content

I appreciated that you did a field study and learned a lot based on the questions people asked you. #yay

Tiffany Tran — Point of View (POV)

wow sofi, killin' the research game on sheridan #yougogirl #gogetter #undercoverboss

Thomas Sanford — General

great service safari on sheridan road! Such a great way to find out what people are thinking about when choosing/recommending food #nice

Bryan Berger — General

The picture looks like more professionals than it does students so it can be a bit confusing #warning

Liz Gerber — Content

I appreciated the diversity of methods you used. #yay

Liz Gerber — Layout

I love that you put the team name on your poster. Could you please add your full name and dates on the poster? #yay

Alex Steinwald — General

Lookin' good yellow team!
#Reign