Tyler Lindow — General

I like this project #nice

Sarah White — Simplified Argument Critique: Study

Rapp: many methods could have been used but the method that Sarah chose for her research study was framed by her question

Sarah White — Simplified Argument Critique: Solution

Tyler: how to identify late-trained and early-trained musicians; what implications are there of the difficulties of identifying these students for your practical solution?

Sarah White - Is this in scope?

David Rapp — General

Would help to define solfege and solemnization as ideas/practices/terms

Allena Berry — General

Learner: Late-trained musicians
Teacher: University instructors
Stakeholders: Both learners and teachers care
Researcher: Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy

Spencer Carlson — Simplified Argument Critique: Study

#nice treatment and evaluation plans are clear

Spencer Carlson — Simplified Argument Critique: Study

#nice participant structure is clear.

Christopher Leatherwood — General

You seem well versed in the literature#nice

Spencer Carlson — Simplified Argument Critique: Audience

#nice I understand that learner = late-trained musicians, teacher = university instructors, stakeholders = both music students and instructors, research audience = music cognition/music education researchers

David Rapp — General

How does auditory imagery relate to audition performance?

Sarah White — Simplified Argument Critique: Solution

Can you say more about how your practical solution and research study differ?

Christopher Leatherwood - Shouldn't the research study lead to the practical solution?

Sarah White - The research study and practical should be aligned but the way they are framed can be slightly different because the audiences are different and one is answering a more theoretical question while the practical is more about fixing the problem.

Spencer Carlson — Simplified Argument Critique: Task

Yes - I think the task is "solmization" which is creating auditory imagery based on reading music. Could be getting the wording wrong but I think I understand the task. #good

Kelly D'Angelo — General

This is interesting- from a lay question, I am sure sight reading is incredibly important. I am wondering why in an audition, one only gets one shot. I guess this is more my own interest, but in trying to relate it to thinking- wonder what effect pressure has

Allena Berry — Simplified Argument Critique: Mistakes

I think you could also make an equity argument. We should care because if we have a system where people who have been playing since they were four are the only one's who are successful in the profession, we have an inequitable system.

Sarah White — Simplified Argument Critique: Task

Learning task clarity check: learners need to learn how to use one of these systems and perform the skills that the systems teaches?

Spencer Carlson — Simplified Argument Critique: Research question

#nice clear RQ: which is better, fixed do or moveable do systems?

David Rapp — General

Studying which system is better, and which is better for late-learning musicians

Christopher Leatherwood — General

Has a clear understanding of what she wants to do and the background material associated with it.

Allena Berry — Simplified Argument Critique: Audience

You give a nice background as to why auditory imaging is important for musicians. #nice

Sarah White — General

So imagery is imagining what it sounds like, not something visual?

example: Jun 26 2019, next week, 7/3/2019