Prepare for Sustainability Team Workshop

Sami Nerenberg — General

Is your goal for the workshop to garner interest amongst folks in sustainability, or to develop a solution to make campus more sustainable? Will you continue working on the concepts that ppl come up with and implement?

Eric Yang — General

Billy - I would start with something small, like maybe an insert into the napkin holders in Rand

Matt Cooley — General

Suppose that because of some bureaucratic technicality, Campus Dining cannot change the current system. 1) will the workshop participants be disappointed, and how can you set hopes and expectations appropriately 2) what avenues for change might be available besides having Dining implement a change?

Jamie Cohen — General

I think it's a topic that students can really connect to

Eric Yang — General

Eric - Do you think you could find some trays to work with?

Julie Schnur — General

Easily accessible problem that doesn't require much background knowledge to understand or prototype for

Sami Nerenberg — General

Does it get more people interested in sustainability?

Sami Nerenberg — General

Is there anyway workshop participants can go to the dining hall during the workshop for first hand observations or interviews? Might want to be careful though as I know more formal interviews w staff can require a lot of red tape and approvals if they are unionized.

Eric Yang — General

Billy - Vanderbilt students are extremely lazy with their dining. (e.g. leaving trays/plates on top of the trash instead of walking to the tray return.) How can we best garner their interest in dining conservation?

Jamie Cohen — General

speed and efficiency ( how fast can people put their trays down) is key

Sami Nerenberg — General

I want to know the slap stats (i.e. flash stats) on why this is a good topic for sustainability and would like to know a bit more regarding where water is wasted.

Jamie Cohen — General

the effort involved in using this new system: some people on campus are very lazy and take to go containers because they feel that the current system is too slow

Eric Yang — General

Eric - I like how the workshop can focus on an issue that students can relate to and can find a solution in a short time.

Sami Nerenberg — General

I would encourage you guys to "prototype" the workshop by running a small group through it before the actual event so that you can get feedback and iterate!

Matt Cooley — General

Who is the user? Who (besides "everyone on campus!") would be the target audience for the workshop?

Sami Nerenberg — General

I like the focus of the workshop and how it is very local. I'm assuming this will be good for garnering interest amongst the students since it is directly applicable to them.

Jamie Cohen — General

Michael Diamond of SPEAR has a lot of statistics on campus recycling and waste

example: Nov 13 2019, next week, 11/20/2019