Spring 2016: Final Review

Feedback for Spring 2016 Final Review Session for project ActiVT.

Joe Bruzek — Rec Sports

Maybe you could try to find a way to link more people on campus with the dietician program (where you can get a dietician to give you a personal meal plan and advice) since I think it's relatively unknown. #tryit

Zachariah Turner — Socialization

Is there a way of checking to make sure I'm not with some supermegahuge Arnold Schwarzenegger gunho ripped dude. I'm a little pudgy and wouldn't be able to hoist small cars with said person. This extends beyond just what workout I would want to do, but also where I'm at in my personal fitness. #swoll #doyouevenlift #legday

Joe Bruzek — Next Semester

"...build this brand at Virginia Tech" #nice #love #perfect 👌

Elizabeth Park - #joeisexcited

Justin Lau — General

Rec Sports handled the ultimate frisbee tournament pretty badly. Can ActiVT reform that?
#salthasbeendistributed

Justin Lau - *intramural

Larissa Rathmann Schneider — General

I feel like this app would actually get me to go to the gym, especially if you develop the social aspect of the app #yay #nice

Joe Bruzek — General

I like how you've taken this in a new direction than many different attempts in the past. This is a really nice take on the issue of campus fitness. #good

Elizabeth Park — Mobile Application

Maybe consider hooking this app up with RecSports? Specifically, I know a lot of VT rec teams need more people to play on their teams last minute (or they're forced to forfeit). It would be cool if there was a page with alerts for teams who need last minute players.

Joe Bruzek — Next Semester

That new how can we #goals 😍😍😍

Natalie Tobias — General

Maybe you guys could incorporate intramural sports into this app? #thoughts But your ideas are really #nice

Larissa Rathmann Schneider — Rec Sports

Letting Rec Sports take over ActiVT sounds like a great way to make sure the application doesn't die after everyone graduates. #works

Joe Bruzek — Rec Sports

Look into more than just the gyms, there's a lot of healthy activity that you can do on and around campus that might appeal to people more than the gym, like quidditch team or pick up soccer or hiking the cascades! #yay

Elizabeth Park — Mobile Application

Have you all considered linking the schedule in the app to people's Google/phone calendar? #convenient

Joe Bruzek - It looks like that already happens judging by the demo today

Robert Ryser — Mobile Application

I really like the VT specific scheduling abilities. Putting one-time events into the scheduler is also a really good idea! Cool demo, too.

Jessica Peterson — Next Semester

I think ActiVT should branch off to be it's own campaign or organization! Or perhaps a partnership with Rec Sports/Venture Out here at Virginia Tech. Have you thought about how you are going to market the app yet? #lookout

Simone Stewart — Mobile Application

I love the VT color design on the app. It makes it look very professional

Zachariah Turner — Mobile Application

I like how friendly the survey is. It's simple and neat. It's a great interface. The colors might be a touch too close to Canvas haha. #jollygoodshow

Sean Pickering — Mobile Application

I'd like to see some photos or something in the app, just to make it more than text.

Elizabeth Park — General

WHAT IF this app was so successful that pro student health aficionados could use this as a platform to find people who want a personal trainer??

Joe Bruzek - A surprising amount of students are unaware that you can even get personal trainers or dieticians within VT.

Joe Bruzek — Rec Sports

Mccommas Gym has the "Toilet Paper" hanging in their bathrooms with monthly fitness and Rec Sports related events. There is obviously some kind of scheduling/maintaining team working at Rec Sports. #lookout #partners

Sean Pickering — Mobile Application

Is there going to be an iPhone version? I feel like a huge portion of the population will be left out if it's Android only.

Anna Mumma — Mobile Application

Is there a reward system if you complete an activity that you signed up for?

Larissa Rathmann Schneider - It would be cool to see people earn points by working out and have a leaderboard for the top users!

Joe Bruzek - Rewards are the best. I know will See[k] we once brainstormed and mocked up having community partners for rewards, e.g. use the app 5 times and get a free Carol Lee donut (maybe not a good example for a #fitness app)

Rory Kirkpatrick — Mobile Application

I like the minimalism of the UI. The app seems easy to operate.

Elizabeth Park - #tru

Elizabeth Park — General

You guys should reconnect with Lars later on in the project to see if he (aka a user who doesn't exercise) likes your app enough to feel motivated to exercise. #usertesting #hokierespect

Simone Stewart - This is a great idea haha

Joe Bruzek - nice burn

Justin Lau - you just insulted lars

Elizabeth Park - He voiced that opinion last year!! #jeez #ihave #hokierespect

Chris Miller — Mobile Application

It would be cool to know how much other people lift so you can match up with them #Thinkaboutit

Elizabeth Park - #hokiecompetition

Simone Stewart — Rec Sports

I'm glad to hear you got to meet with Rec Sports. I think it'd be great to use them to promote your app and return promote their events on it. They hold a lot of special events and have theme weeks and competitions (like the bench press competition) that you could send notifications about on the app and they have a lot of space and web presence they can utilize to get people downloading your app.#yay #teamwork #advertisement

Larissa Rathmann Schneider — Socialization

It would be amazing to see a tinder-type functionality to find a workout buddy, where you can view someone's profile and match with people with similar workout routines.

Sean Pickering — Next Semester

Have you looked at figuring out a way to know when the gyms may be less crowded? Maybe analyzing the times people are at the gym, maybe through location or just someone's scheduling, and letting people know what times will have less people?

Anna Mumma - Working out is better with a partner

Simone Stewart - Could be done using similar tactics and partners to FOODS

Chris Miller — General

It would be nice to know if the gym is crowded or not #innovative

Justin Lau — General

Why aren't the other computer science people in DFA?
#benicenotlikeelizabeth #together

Joe Bruzek - Hi

Elizabeth Park - I am nice!! #nice #didnotappreciatethat

Joe Bruzek — Socialization

Motivate people by letting them challenge their friends in the app! #gametime

example: Jun 26 2019, next week, 7/3/2019