DFA FCA Internal Check In - 10.28.15

Allison Chen — General

Cool ideas! I wasn't on the call so I don't know your How Can We statement, but what is the goal you're designing for? Is the goal of the seatbelt pocket to prevent them from using their phone? I can see this might get in the way if they're expecting an important call or if they use their phone for directions. I might ask how can we discourage users from using their phone while driving without sacrificing important information they may need.

Allison Chen — General

It's interesting to hear that everyone thinks distracted driving is a serious problem but they all admit to doing it, meaning it's pretty socially acceptable. I wonder if they act differently with other people in the car, my assumption is they'd get less distracted because you can always ask someone else to take care of your phone.

Allison Chen - Also, if it's a problem why are they still checking their phones? What value are they getting that outweighs their concern about safety? What activities are they doing - texting, mapping, calling, etc.? You may have already asked this but understanding why users are doing something will lead to the core value that action brings despite being against their best interests.

Robert Calvey — General

What if you think about parents as your user to enforce safe driving habits, kind of like you can only use the car if you promise to do ___. It could still give people access to bluetooth or using music features, while still turning off notifications and distractions!

Robert Calvey — General

When you have a correlation like that in a presentation, you will want to show some numbers or charts to show how you got it. My first thought was, cool stories! but is it statistically significant? #warning

Eric Lam — General

Check this out, sounds similar to one of your ideas

example: Jun 26 2019, next week, 7/3/2019