High: Tons of potential for recruiting! If we get 10% of everyone who signed for more information to come, we'd be well off.
Low: the schedules for our leaders are never quite in sync.
Goals: expand out community with members with real DFA'ers
Question: What do you all feel about informal meetings early on?
3 years ago
Allison Chen -
Hey Noah - when you say your goal is to expand out community with members with real DFA'ers, what do you mean? Are you looking to connect DFA NYU with other more established studios?
3 years ago
Noah R Geib -
That was poor wording haha, I meant creating more than a work community for DFA'rs, but creating a Real community outside of the project space.
High: We got some good feedback from members about what was good/bad about last semester.
Low: Project scoping.
Goals: Hope to make community members feel more included.
Question: What are good ways to make community members interact more with the team members?
HIGH: new members!!
LOW: getting the word out around campus for new members and finding time when everyone is available
GOALS: welcome new DFAers to our studio
QUESTIONS: If you could go back and do something different from the beginning when your studio first started, what would it be?
HIGH: lots of returning members
LOW: low rate of applications right now
GOALS: provide more info sessions that fit into freshman schedules better, and have projects finalized
QUESTIONS: how should we gauge/match up project difficulty with different team's skill levels
1. High: We had a really good responses at the activity fair and added over 100 new names to our email listserv.
2. Low: We've had much lower physical turnout to our interest meetings with only about 20 new members. The start of the semester is going a little slowly and we've yet to meet as a whole studio.
3. Goals: We will be holding our first studio meeting this Sunday and will be hosting a Design Thinking workshop by the end of September. During this time we will get people into project teams and start them off.
1) What's your studio high in the last few weeks? (best most exciting thing)
180 people signed up to our MIT DFA interest mailing list at the Activity Midway booth and people seemed super excited about joining DFA
2) What's your studio low in the last few weeks? (coulda been betta)
It's raining today and it's our kickoff.
3) What will your studio achieve between now and the next call?
We will recruit our new project leads and members and start defining our problems that each team will be tackling. We're also holding our Arduino hackshop!
4) What's one question you have for the cohort that you're thinking as you move forward to achieve this goal?
(more than one question, sorry...)
How does everyone else do project lead formation and training?
How many teams do each chapter have / what is feasible?
What have they found works / doesn't work when pitching DFA and getting new recruits?
◦Studio high - last night we held our 1st interest meeting and saw tons of new faces! We are excited about the new interest and new members for this coming semester!
◦Studio low - Gobblerfest got rained out so we didn't reach as many people as we potentially could have. We are also in the process of reserving a better room space.
◦What will your studio achieve between now and the next call? - We are hoping to get project teams formed and make some community partners with our teams within the next 3 weeks.
◦What's one question you have for the cohort that you're thinking as you move forward to achieve this goal? - What do you recommend for making sure teams are kept on track and stay motivated throughout the semester?