Understand how students develop their mathematical concepts, skills, and strategies.
Is the value for your chosen content validated by the standards, progressions, TRU dimensions, big ideas, and interviews?
Understand how your math topic fits in to the CaCCSS, Progressions, TRU dimensions, Big ideas of mathematics.
Understand how other curriculums and assessments address your topic.
Understand the competencies your target students will bring to the research lesson.
Note: Target student math interviews may take place after the math task for the lesson is chosen (Conceive phase)
- Develop content for student interview: task, teacher prompts, materials
- Conduct a group interview for calibration
- Preparations to film: permission slips, quiet space, filming equipment
- Conduct target student Interviews: What skills, concepts, strategies will your target students bring to this topic?
- Edit and post videos of interviews
- Add to CLR #7: Target student competencies and challenges
- Add to CANMEE Equity Canvas: Number of interviews, Evidence, Issues, Problem to solve
- Initiate Math Commentator feedback session on student interviews.
Reflect / Retro
- What are we doing well?
- What are we doing less well?
- What measurable differences will we make?
Facilitator Guide: Understand
- Focus : :
- Understand : : Mathematics interview
Battista rubric.jpga year ago
Battista Length TCM 2006 copy.pdfa year ago
Inside Math measuring mammals.pdfa year ago
Inside Math circular reasoning.pdfa year ago
Illustrative_2069.pdfa year ago
Everyday p.100.jpga year ago
Everyday 101.JPGa year ago
Everyday 104.JPGa year ago
Japan p.1.jpga year ago
Japan p.2.jpga year ago
Japan p.3.jpga year ago
Japan p.4 .jpga year ago
03 CT Deigo Math interview.mov - Google Drivea year ago · google.com