Understand Milestone: Access, Agency, Ownership, and Identity
Understand the challenges of accomplishing access, agency, ownership, and mathematical identity while achieving excellence in mathematics.
Develop understanding of target students and their relationship to an equitable mathematics classroom where they have opportunities to empower themselves by learning mathematics.
Does the evidence from student surveys, observations, interviews and resources point to our equity goal?
- Administer surveys [whole class preferable]
- Identify 3-5 target students in each class
- Complete target student classroom observations
- Conduct student interviews with each target student - A, A, O, I
Collect student video permission slips
Prepare to film interviews
Conduct target student interviews - A, A, O, I
Edit and post videos
View team member's interviews
- Interview families about student competencies and challenges
- Add to CANMEE Equity Canvas: Number of: target student surveys, observations, interviews, family interviews.
- Add to CANMEE Equity Canvas a synopsis of evidence
- Add to CLR #7: target student competencies and challenges.
- Re-read TRU dimensions - A, A, O, I and articles recommended by Equity Commentator
Reflect / Retro
- What are we doing well?
- What are we doing less well?
- What measurable differences will we make?
Facilitator Guide: Understand - A,A,O,I
- Understand : : Surveys
- Understand : : Equity Observations
- Understand : : Equity Interview