Construct the research lesson plan: launch, pose task, workshop, share and compare, summarize lesson.
- CMP Lead: Doreen Heath Lance - COE Lead: Joshua Deis
- Apr 11
- set due date
Construct the research lesson plan: Launch, Pose Task, Workshop, Share and Compare, and Summarize the Mathematics.
Does the lesson engage all students in learning rigorous mathematics?
CLR #11: Research Lesson Plan
CANMEE Equity Canvas
- Launch / Introduction: Key question, connect to students' funds of knowledge encouraging agency
- Pose the Task: Provide access to task
- Workshop: Students determine how to approach, work on, engage in productive struggle [ownership} of task. Anticipate range of solutions: misconceptions, representations, diagrams, equations, etc.
- Share and Compare: Students present arguments and critique each other's reasoning adding clarity and building understanding across different solution paths
- Summarize Mathematics: Instructor uses shared student work to make the mathematics clear and visable
- Points of Assessment: Teachers identify formative assessment for each phase of the lesson plan for the instructor and the observers to attend to while observing target students
- Bancho / board plan: Design of the board to capture the mathematics as it unfolds during the lesson. CLR #13.
CLR #1: Title of Lesson
CLR #2: Brief Description of Lesson
Reflect / Retro
- What are we doing well?
- What are we doing less well?
- What measurable differences will we make?
Facilitator Guide: Build
- Build: Launch and pose task
- Build: Workshop
- Build: Share and Compare
- Build: Summarize Math
- Build: Bancho / Board work
- Build: Assessment / Evaluation Questions