In this phase, the team chooses and works on a prospective task for the research lesson to reveal the mathematics as it emerges during problem solving. You review the task from multiple perspectives assessing if the task converges with your mathematics and equity goals.
CANMEE Facilitator Guide: Lesson Task Overview
Does the task offer opportunities for all students to make sense of the mathematics identified in the content goal? Offer low floor and high ceiling supporting focal students?
 Choose the task for the lesson . Facilitator's Guide
 Do the task Facilitator's Guide
- Optional: Collect student work samples
 Anticipate student mathematical responses for the task . Facilitator's Guide
- CLR :: #14 Research Lesson plan :: Workshop :: Column 1 Anticipate student solutions
 Revisit the task for content and cognitive demand . Facilitator's Guide
- Smith and Stein chart with anticipated responses and teacher advancing and assessing questions
- CLR :: #13 Design of the lesson - TRU dimensions
 Consider the language demands of the task . Facilitator's Guide
- CLR :: #14 Lesson plan :: Pose the task :: Column 2 Teacher language support for unpacking problem
- CLR :: #14 Lesson plan :: Workshop :: Column 2 Teacher support for language to discuss problem
- CLR :: #14 Lesson plan :: Share and Compare :: Column 2 Teacher support for language to explain solution
 Consider the task in relationship to the lesson hypothesis . Facilitator's Guide
- CANMEE Equity Canvas :: Lesson plan :: notes about lesson hypothesis for each phase of lesson
 Prepare task for students . Facilitator's Guide
- CLR :: #14 Lesson plan :: Pose the task :: Column 1
- Update by adding task to CANMEE Canvas and CLR
- Initiate a feedback session for feedback task and anticipated student responses with Steering Committee
- Loft Retro: What are we doing well? Less well? Change?
- Loft Milestone: Autobiography, update